UK franchise businesses continue to grow and it is estimated that the sector now contributes £15.1 billion to the UK economy, an increase of 46% on over the last 10 years. The UK is now home to 901 franchise systems with a total of 44,200 units that employ 621,000 people with 97% of units proving to be profitable.
London as a region is home to an ambitious and cash rich population. There are more adults living in London who would like to set up their own business one day than any other region in the country. Those living in the capital have an average of £29,243 in savings/investments, nowhere else in the country has a wealthier population. These two factors combined provide advertisers with an audience that have both the motivation and capital required to run a successful franchise operation. Over the next 12 months Metro (London) and the Evening Standard will be publishing a number of editorially supported franchise features providing readers with valuable insight and advice on becoming a franchisee as well as showcasing the wide range of franchise opportunities available. Metro (London) and the Evening Standard provide you, the advertiser, with the platform to reach over 2.5 million Londoners - no other national newspaper can provide greater coverage.
Source: NRS July 2015 - June 2016 London ITV. TGI April 2015 - March 2016 London ITV. www.bfa.org.
In London, Metro and the Evening Standard allow you to reach:
- 2,489,000Adults - more than any other national newspaper
- 714,000AB Adults - more than any other national newspaper
- 240,000Adults who are self employed - more than any other national newspaper
- 482,000Adults who strongly agree with the statement "I would like to set up my own business one day" - more than any other national newspaper
- 274,000Adults who strongly agree with the statement "I look for profitable ways to invest my money" - more than any other national newspaper
- 85,000Adults who have invested money in their own business